Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Elneny features in Arsenal’s 3-1 win against Watford
Mohamed Elneny started the match on the bench before coming on in the 70th minute for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in Arsenal’s first Premier League win this season.
Arsenal’s starting XI: Cech; Bellerin, Koscielny, Holding, Monreal; Xhaka, Cazorla, Özil; Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanchez.
Watford’s starting XI: Gomes; Kaboul, Proedl, Kabasele; Amrabat, Guedioura, Capoue, Berhami, Holebas; Ighalo, Deeney.
Arsenal started the first half with high intensity searching for an early goal. Their efforts paid off as a penalty drawn by Alexis Sanchez was converted by Santi Cazorla in the 8th minute.
Arsenal kept moving the ball with their traditional style of playas they moved the ball quickly which saw Sanchez and Ozil scoring Arsenal’s second and third goals respectively.
Watford manager Walter Mazzari made some changes at half-time and gave Roberto Pereyra his debut at the beginning of the second half.
In the 57th minute, Arsenal made a defensive error in failing to clear the ball which led to them losing their clean sheet as Pereyra scored for Watford.
Arsène Wenger made 2 substitutions in the 70th minute inserting Jack Wilshere and Mohamed Elneny for Mesut Özil and Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain.
Mohamed Elneny came on in order to provide Arsenal with the balance needed in the midfield through his work rate, passing and interceptions. His contribution was effective and efficient as Arsenal were able to hold on to the their lead until full time.