Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
CAF: Ahmed Hamoudi not allowed to play in Champions League
This comes as the White Knights are getting ready for the Champions League semi-finals against Wydad Casablanca.
Zamalek received an official letter from CAF stating that Hamoudi will not be able to play with his team in the remaining matches as they referred to Article 3 of Chapter 5 that states that:
A player who is qualified to play in CAF Champions League must:
a) Posses a license in his club issued by its national association and registered his federation on 15th January of the year of the competition at the latest for the 1st period of registration and 31st January for the players qualified from the 1/8th round and on 10th August of the year of the competition, at the later for the second period of registration.
b) Posses a license issued by CAF
c) Be qualified regularly in the national championship of the country for the club engaged in CAF Champions League.
d) Live in the country of the club for which he is playing.
In addition to that, the letter concluded with Article 4 which states that if a player was registered with a club and then loaned by this club to another one, this player has to be registered again in the second period of registration.