Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
CAF: Ahmed Hamoudi not allowed to play in Champions League
This comes as the White Knights are getting ready for the Champions League semi-finals against Wydad Casablanca.
Zamalek received an official letter from CAF stating that Hamoudi will not be able to play with his team in the remaining matches as they referred to Article 3 of Chapter 5 that states that:
A player who is qualified to play in CAF Champions League must:
a) Posses a license in his club issued by its national association and registered his federation on 15th January of the year of the competition at the latest for the 1st period of registration and 31st January for the players qualified from the 1/8th round and on 10th August of the year of the competition, at the later for the second period of registration.
b) Posses a license issued by CAF
c) Be qualified regularly in the national championship of the country for the club engaged in CAF Champions League.
d) Live in the country of the club for which he is playing.
In addition to that, the letter concluded with Article 4 which states that if a player was registered with a club and then loaned by this club to another one, this player has to be registered again in the second period of registration.