Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
CAF: Ahmed Hamoudi not allowed to play in Champions League
This comes as the White Knights are getting ready for the Champions League semi-finals against Wydad Casablanca.
Zamalek received an official letter from CAF stating that Hamoudi will not be able to play with his team in the remaining matches as they referred to Article 3 of Chapter 5 that states that:
A player who is qualified to play in CAF Champions League must:
a) Posses a license in his club issued by its national association and registered his federation on 15th January of the year of the competition at the latest for the 1st period of registration and 31st January for the players qualified from the 1/8th round and on 10th August of the year of the competition, at the later for the second period of registration.
b) Posses a license issued by CAF
c) Be qualified regularly in the national championship of the country for the club engaged in CAF Champions League.
d) Live in the country of the club for which he is playing.
In addition to that, the letter concluded with Article 4 which states that if a player was registered with a club and then loaned by this club to another one, this player has to be registered again in the second period of registration.