Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
VIDEO: Wadi Degla sign Palestine’s Islam Batran
Egypt’s Wadi Degla have sealed the signing of Palestinian wonderkid Islam Batran.
Following an impressive trial period at Wadi Degla, the club have signed Ahli Al Khalil ace Islam Batran.
Batran, 21, joins Degla on a three-year contract to become the club’s tenth signing this summer.
The player who can operate on either wing or as a playmaker will join the club and be registered in the Egyptian FA as an Egyptian player due to him holding a Palestinian passport.
Batran put on a show in Degla’s first friendly match ahead of the 2016/17 season scoring the club’s first goal in their 7-goal mauling of Nuba Club as well as hitting the post in the first half.
The 21-year-old is considered to be the brightest talent in Palestine, having just won the Palestinian Cup four weeks ago, scoring in both legs of the final as his former side Ahli Al Khalil managed to beat Shabab Khan Younes to the title.
It is worth noting the forward was called up on the 16th of August to Palestine’s senior national team squad.
The forward joined Ahli Al Khalil from Shabab Yatta in the summer transfer window of 2013 after a series of impressive performances for Palestine’s Olympic national team.
Batran hit the headlines after scoring a solo wonder goal for Shabab Yatta against Bait Amr.