Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Ahmed El-Ahmar joins Qatari Lekhwiya on loan from Zamalek
The club’s board of directors headed by Mortada Mansour approved the decision to loan out their team’s star player so that he could compete with the Qatari side in the Super Globe, a tournament for the champion clubs from continental confederations.
The board’s approval came in accordance with the wishes of the technical staff of the handball team in Zamalek led by technical director Ayman Salah, according to the Zamalek official website.
Furthermore, Zamalek announced that Lekhwiya requested the services of goalkeeper Karim Handawy during the Club World Cup as well, but the White Castle’s board is yet to take a decision on this matter.
The IHF Super Globe will be held between 5 and 8 September in Qatar for the seventh straight time. The tournament will see the participation of eight teams; Sydney University, HC Taubaté, Paris Saint-Germain, Füchse Berlin, Vive Targi Kielce, Espérance Sportive de Tunis as well as Qatari Al Sadd and Lekhwiya.