Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Ghana’s Christian Atsu moves to Newcastle on loan
Ghana international and Chelsea winger Christian Atsu has moved to Newcastle United on a season-long loan.
The Ghanaian is yet to make a first team appearance for Chelsea, after completing a £3.5m move from Porto in 2013.
This is the 24-year-old’s seventh loan move in his career, and his fifth away from the Blues after spells at Vitesse, Everton, Bournemouth and Malaga CF.
However, Atsu has played an important role for his country, scoring nine goals in 52 caps for the Black Stars.
Ghana were drawn alongside Egypt, Uganda and Congo in Group E of the final stage of 2018 World Cup qualifying, and host Uganda on the 3rd of October, before travelling to Egypt in November.