Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
OFFICIAL: Ghana captain Asamoah Gyan seals loan move to Al Ahli
Asamoah Gyan has finalized a loan move back to the Gulf, with Al Ahli Dubai. This comes on the heels of a failed transfer to Reading.
UAE side, Al Ahli have signed Ghana captain Asamoah Gyan on loan. The striker passed his medical on Wednesday morning and will wear number 90 jersey number.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) August 31, 2016
Gyan was previously set to join Reading, on loan, but the deal fell through. He now seals a one-year loan deal with the Gulf club coming from Chinese Super League powerhouse Shanghai SIPG.
The Black Stars captain previously spent four years at Al Ain, where he won three league titles with Al Ain; scoring 95 goals in 83 league matches. Gyan then left for Chinese club Shanghai SIPG, but his stay there was plagued by recurring injuries.
Asamoah Gyan is expected to lead his country in their final Africa Cup of Nations qualifier match against Rwanda.