Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
OFFICIAL: Sam Morsy joins Barnsley from Wigan
Sam Morsy has completed a loan move to Barnsley from English Championship side Wigan Athletic, the Reds announced on Wednesday.
The Egyptian international midfielder joined Barnsley FC from Championship rivals Wigan Athletic on a season-long loan on the final day of the transfer window.
Morsy – who wasn’t included in any of Wigan’s five opening 2016/17 Championship match day squads – becomes the second Egyptian to play for Barnsley, after Mido ended his playing career at the club.
Barnsley manager Paul Heckingbottom praised Sam’s abilities, saying that he’ll bring experience to the squad as he pointed out that his side had shortage of midfield options.
“Sam is a fantastic signing and he is a player that will go far in the game. His experience at such a young age shows just how highly he is valued. To have played over 150 senior matches at the age of 24 will stand him in good stead during his time with us,” Heckingbottom told Barnsley official website.
“We were a bit short in midfield so to bring in someone with Sam’s ability is fantastic. He is certainly not shy of a tackle and has a track record of scoring some important goals too. I’d like to thank Wigan Athletic for letting him join us on loan,” the 39-year-old coach added.