Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
OFFICIAL: Taher Mohamed completes move to Le Havre
KingFut first broke news of the trial between club and player, after Le Havre made initial contact with Contractors. Former Egyptian National Team manager Bob Bradley, now manager at Le Havre, was impressed with the young Egyptian forward as the clubs have agreed to terms.
Mohamed underwent and passed a medical later in the week, and is now set to join Le Havre on loan with option to buy as they continue their campaign in Ligue 2. They are currently in 8th position, with 8 points from 5 matches. Last week, the club was eliminated from the Coupe de la Ligue by Châteauroux, in an eventful 7 goal match.
Le Havre is noted for their youth development, producing young talents in recent years such as Riyad Mahrez, Dimitri Payet, and Lassana Diarra. Bob Bradley will be hoping Mohamed can develop under him, and doing so could lead to Mohamed’s first senior call up for the Pharaohs.
Taher becomes the second Egyptian to move to Ligue 2 this transfer window after Karim Hafez joined RC Lens.