Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
OFFICIAL: Taher Mohamed completes move to Le Havre
KingFut first broke news of the trial between club and player, after Le Havre made initial contact with Contractors. Former Egyptian National Team manager Bob Bradley, now manager at Le Havre, was impressed with the young Egyptian forward as the clubs have agreed to terms.
Mohamed underwent and passed a medical later in the week, and is now set to join Le Havre on loan with option to buy as they continue their campaign in Ligue 2. They are currently in 8th position, with 8 points from 5 matches. Last week, the club was eliminated from the Coupe de la Ligue by Châteauroux, in an eventful 7 goal match.
Le Havre is noted for their youth development, producing young talents in recent years such as Riyad Mahrez, Dimitri Payet, and Lassana Diarra. Bob Bradley will be hoping Mohamed can develop under him, and doing so could lead to Mohamed’s first senior call up for the Pharaohs.
Taher becomes the second Egyptian to move to Ligue 2 this transfer window after Karim Hafez joined RC Lens.