Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
OFFICIAL: Wilfried Bony joins Stoke City on loan
Manchester City striker Wilfried Bony has joined Stoke City on a season-long loan deal, the Potters announced on Wednesday.
The Ivorian international joined Manchester City in 2015 after completing a £28 million move from Swansea. Bony however didn’t get enough playing time at City and made only 15 league starts since joining the club.
After announcing the transfer, Stoke manager Mark Hughes praised Bony and referred to the club’s decision to sign him as a “no-brainer”.
“He has power, speed and very good physical attributes which will undoubtedly help us, and his technical and finishing skills are outstanding too,” Hughes said.
The coach said that everybody knows Wilfried’s abilities and that the 27-year-old knows the Premier League well and has scored plenty of goals.
“It was no surprise that one of the bigger clubs came in for him on the back of his performances for Swansea – the only surprise has been that he didn’t enjoy the success with Manchester City that we all thought he would,” he added.
Meanwhile, Bony used his Twitter account to express his excitement after completing his move to Stoke. “It’s a new day and I look forward to a new exciting challenge,” the player tweeted.
— Wilfried Bony (@wilfriedbony) August 31, 2016
Stoke, who lost 4-1 to Manchester City two weeks ago, sit on the bottom of the Premier League table after collecting only one point from the first three game weeks.