Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
SQUASH: El Shorbagy, Abdel Gawad, Welily and Gohar to China Open semifinals
World’s no. 1 Mohamed El Shorbagy managed to overcome Mathieu Castagnet beating him 3-0 (11/9, 11/8 and 11/8). El Shorbagy will play against Spain’s Borja Golan with the target of reaching the final in his sights.
On the other hand, world no. 6 Karim Abdel Gawad, who was the runner-up in the Hong Kong Open last week, reached the semifinals after beating India’s Saurav Ghosal in a 3-2 thriller (11-9, 11-3, 8-11, 5-11, 11-9). Abdel Gawad will have a tough contest in the semifinal when he faces world no. 2 Gregory Gaultier.
Regarding women, Hong Kong Open champion and world no. 3 Nouran Gohar earned a place in the China-based tournament semifinals after winning against fellow Egyptian Salma Hany 3-1 (9-11, 11-5, 12-10, 11-8).
Gohar will face defending champion Raneem El Welily in the semifinal after the latter beat Alisson Waters 3-1 (9-11, 13-11, 11-9, 11-4).