Egyptian champions Tala’a El-Gaish lost their third game in a row at...
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
SQUASH: El Shorbagy, Abdel Gawad, Welily and Gohar to China Open semifinals
World’s no. 1 Mohamed El Shorbagy managed to overcome Mathieu Castagnet beating him 3-0 (11/9, 11/8 and 11/8). El Shorbagy will play against Spain’s Borja Golan with the target of reaching the final in his sights.
On the other hand, world no. 6 Karim Abdel Gawad, who was the runner-up in the Hong Kong Open last week, reached the semifinals after beating India’s Saurav Ghosal in a 3-2 thriller (11-9, 11-3, 8-11, 5-11, 11-9). Abdel Gawad will have a tough contest in the semifinal when he faces world no. 2 Gregory Gaultier.
Regarding women, Hong Kong Open champion and world no. 3 Nouran Gohar earned a place in the China-based tournament semifinals after winning against fellow Egyptian Salma Hany 3-1 (9-11, 11-5, 12-10, 11-8).
Gohar will face defending champion Raneem El Welily in the semifinal after the latter beat Alisson Waters 3-1 (9-11, 13-11, 11-9, 11-4).