Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
SQUASH: El Shorbagy, Abdel Gawad, Welily and Gohar to China Open semifinals
Egypt’s Mohamed El Shorbagy and Karim Abdel-Gawad have reached Squash China Open semifinals, while Raneem El Welily and Nouran Gohar are set to meet up in the same round of the women’s competition.
World’s no. 1 Mohamed El Shorbagy managed to overcome Mathieu Castagnet beating him 3-0 (11/9, 11/8 and 11/8). El Shorbagy will play against Spain’s Borja Golan with the target of reaching the final in his sights.
On the other hand, world no. 6 Karim Abdel Gawad, who was the runner-up in the Hong Kong Open last week, reached the semifinals after beating India’s Saurav Ghosal in a 3-2 thriller (11-9, 11-3, 8-11, 5-11, 11-9). Abdel Gawad will have a tough contest in the semifinal when he faces world no. 2 Gregory Gaultier.
Regarding women, Hong Kong Open champion and world no. 3 Nouran Gohar earned a place in the China-based tournament semifinals after winning against fellow Egyptian Salma Hany 3-1 (9-11, 11-5, 12-10, 11-8).
Gohar will face defending champion Raneem El Welily in the semifinal after the latter beat Alisson Waters 3-1 (9-11, 13-11, 11-9, 11-4).