Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
SQUASH: El Shorbagy, Abdel Gawad, Welily and Gohar to China Open semifinals
World’s no. 1 Mohamed El Shorbagy managed to overcome Mathieu Castagnet beating him 3-0 (11/9, 11/8 and 11/8). El Shorbagy will play against Spain’s Borja Golan with the target of reaching the final in his sights.
On the other hand, world no. 6 Karim Abdel Gawad, who was the runner-up in the Hong Kong Open last week, reached the semifinals after beating India’s Saurav Ghosal in a 3-2 thriller (11-9, 11-3, 8-11, 5-11, 11-9). Abdel Gawad will have a tough contest in the semifinal when he faces world no. 2 Gregory Gaultier.
Regarding women, Hong Kong Open champion and world no. 3 Nouran Gohar earned a place in the China-based tournament semifinals after winning against fellow Egyptian Salma Hany 3-1 (9-11, 11-5, 12-10, 11-8).
Gohar will face defending champion Raneem El Welily in the semifinal after the latter beat Alisson Waters 3-1 (9-11, 13-11, 11-9, 11-4).