Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
SQUASH: El Shorbagy, Abdel Gawad, Welily and Gohar to China Open semifinals
World’s no. 1 Mohamed El Shorbagy managed to overcome Mathieu Castagnet beating him 3-0 (11/9, 11/8 and 11/8). El Shorbagy will play against Spain’s Borja Golan with the target of reaching the final in his sights.
On the other hand, world no. 6 Karim Abdel Gawad, who was the runner-up in the Hong Kong Open last week, reached the semifinals after beating India’s Saurav Ghosal in a 3-2 thriller (11-9, 11-3, 8-11, 5-11, 11-9). Abdel Gawad will have a tough contest in the semifinal when he faces world no. 2 Gregory Gaultier.
Regarding women, Hong Kong Open champion and world no. 3 Nouran Gohar earned a place in the China-based tournament semifinals after winning against fellow Egyptian Salma Hany 3-1 (9-11, 11-5, 12-10, 11-8).
Gohar will face defending champion Raneem El Welily in the semifinal after the latter beat Alisson Waters 3-1 (9-11, 13-11, 11-9, 11-4).