Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Yaya Toure excluded as Manchester City announce Champions League squad
Toure has featured in one occasion so far for Manchester City this season, which was against Steaua Bucharest in the second leg of the Champions League preliminary rounds, the game that ended 1-0 in the favour of The Citizens.
Pep Guardiola has announced his 21-man Manchester City squad that is set to take on the team’s Champions League campaign this season, with the 33-year-old omitted from the list submitted to UEFA.
This exclusion increases doubts over the Ivorian midfielder’s future at Manchester City, which was already existing ever since the former Bayern Munich manager took over as the new Manchester-based club coach earlier this summer.
It remains to be seen whether Toure will see out his contract with City which expires next summer or seek a move out of the club in January.