Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Mohamed El-Gabas scores in home draw against Leuven
Egypt’s Mohamed El-Gabas has scored his first league goal this season in Lierse 2-2 draw against Oud-Heverlee Leuven.
El-Gabas started on the bench for the hosts, before coming on in the 75th minute to score his first league goal of the season, while Amr Barakat started the game, but was taken off at half-time.
Oud-Heverlee Leuven opened the scoreline in the 23rd minute through Jovan Kostovski, before Dylan De Belder scored the equalizer for Lierse in the 60th minute.
Nine minutes later, the visitors restored the lead after Esteban Casagolda scored his side’s second goal, but their lead didn’t last long as 11 minutes later El-Gabas scored the equalizer, taking his tally this season to three goals.
By this draw, Lierse are now second in the league with 6 points, while Leuven sit in the sixth place with 3 points.
Lierse’s next game will be against Royal FC Antwerpen in the league on September 9, while Leuven are playing AFC Tubize on the 11th of September.