After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Mohamed El-Gabas scores in home draw against Leuven
Egypt’s Mohamed El-Gabas has scored his first league goal this season in Lierse 2-2 draw against Oud-Heverlee Leuven.
El-Gabas started on the bench for the hosts, before coming on in the 75th minute to score his first league goal of the season, while Amr Barakat started the game, but was taken off at half-time.
Oud-Heverlee Leuven opened the scoreline in the 23rd minute through Jovan Kostovski, before Dylan De Belder scored the equalizer for Lierse in the 60th minute.
Nine minutes later, the visitors restored the lead after Esteban Casagolda scored his side’s second goal, but their lead didn’t last long as 11 minutes later El-Gabas scored the equalizer, taking his tally this season to three goals.
By this draw, Lierse are now second in the league with 6 points, while Leuven sit in the sixth place with 3 points.
Lierse’s next game will be against Royal FC Antwerpen in the league on September 9, while Leuven are playing AFC Tubize on the 11th of September.