Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
Ittihad reveal third HIV positive test result for Samuel Nlend
Earlier in the week, Egypt Premier League club Ittihad of Alexandria terminated Cameroonian Samuel Nlend’s contract four days after signing him for testing HIV positive.
Despite announcing the capture of the former Union Doula player and giving him time on the pitch in a friendly against ENPPI last Sunday, the club caused much controversy by revealing the lab results on their official website to confirm Nlend’s medical state.
They have done it again by revealing a third and final set of test results to confirm that the 21-year-old is an HIV positive patient.
The club also released a statement:
1) The player entered Cairo like any visitor through Cairo International Airport without being tested for that virus or any other like any normal tourist.
2) The player’s nationality which was listed as Egyptian in the past lab results were a mistake as this is a standard sheet printed by the lab which have some information that is standardly written on all result sheets prior, including the nationality as the lab rarely deals with foreign nationalities. This was proven by the player’s name listed properly as Samuel Nlend.
3) There’s a difference between the date of issuance of the results and the one where the club picked them up, which is supposed to be on the following day after concluding the medical. This means that the results of the medical tests came out on the 27th of August, and the club received them on the following day after the friendly match. We can confirm that the board had no idea of the results of the tests, which is why the player was given minutes in the friendly.
4) The board offers its apologies for the failure of the transfer of a special player like Samuel Nlend, as we tried to transfer the player a long time ago which proves his superb abilities as a player but unfortunately the move was halted because of that reason.