Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Ittihad reveal third HIV positive test result for Samuel Nlend
Despite announcing the capture of the former Union Doula player and giving him time on the pitch in a friendly against ENPPI last Sunday, the club caused much controversy by revealing the lab results on their official website to confirm Nlend’s medical state.
They have done it again by revealing a third and final set of test results to confirm that the 21-year-old is an HIV positive patient.
The club also released a statement:
1) The player entered Cairo like any visitor through Cairo International Airport without being tested for that virus or any other like any normal tourist.
2) The player’s nationality which was listed as Egyptian in the past lab results were a mistake as this is a standard sheet printed by the lab which have some information that is standardly written on all result sheets prior, including the nationality as the lab rarely deals with foreign nationalities. This was proven by the player’s name listed properly as Samuel Nlend.
3) There’s a difference between the date of issuance of the results and the one where the club picked them up, which is supposed to be on the following day after concluding the medical. This means that the results of the medical tests came out on the 27th of August, and the club received them on the following day after the friendly match. We can confirm that the board had no idea of the results of the tests, which is why the player was given minutes in the friendly.
4) The board offers its apologies for the failure of the transfer of a special player like Samuel Nlend, as we tried to transfer the player a long time ago which proves his superb abilities as a player but unfortunately the move was halted because of that reason.