Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Victor Anichebe joins Sunderland on free transfer
The 28-year-old, who made over 130 appearances under David Moyes at Everton, has penned a one-year contract, becoming their ninth signing this summer.
“I’m really happy to be here at a great club,” The Nigerian international told Sunderland’s official website.
“I have a lot of good friends here and everyone knows that I know the manager really well.
“He brought me through as a young player and was a big factor in me coming here.”
The former Everton and West Bromwich Albion forward was a free agent after leaving The Baggies this summer, meaning that he was able to reunite with manager David Moyes, as he came through the ranks of Everton’s youth setup when the Scotsman was in charge.
It’s worth noting that Anichebe has been capped 11 times by the Super Eagles, scoring once against Kenya in a friendly.