Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Victor Anichebe joins Sunderland on free transfer
The 28-year-old, who made over 130 appearances under David Moyes at Everton, has penned a one-year contract, becoming their ninth signing this summer.
“I’m really happy to be here at a great club,” The Nigerian international told Sunderland’s official website.
“I have a lot of good friends here and everyone knows that I know the manager really well.
“He brought me through as a young player and was a big factor in me coming here.”
The former Everton and West Bromwich Albion forward was a free agent after leaving The Baggies this summer, meaning that he was able to reunite with manager David Moyes, as he came through the ranks of Everton’s youth setup when the Scotsman was in charge.
It’s worth noting that Anichebe has been capped 11 times by the Super Eagles, scoring once against Kenya in a friendly.