The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Victor Anichebe joins Sunderland on free transfer
The 28-year-old, who made over 130 appearances under David Moyes at Everton, has penned a one-year contract, becoming their ninth signing this summer.
“I’m really happy to be here at a great club,” The Nigerian international told Sunderland’s official website.
“I have a lot of good friends here and everyone knows that I know the manager really well.
“He brought me through as a young player and was a big factor in me coming here.”
The former Everton and West Bromwich Albion forward was a free agent after leaving The Baggies this summer, meaning that he was able to reunite with manager David Moyes, as he came through the ranks of Everton’s youth setup when the Scotsman was in charge.
It’s worth noting that Anichebe has been capped 11 times by the Super Eagles, scoring once against Kenya in a friendly.