After losing the Champions League final to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s chairman, Mortada...
- Mortada Mansour: the refree recieved a bribe
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
Victor Anichebe joins Sunderland on free transfer
The 28-year-old, who made over 130 appearances under David Moyes at Everton, has penned a one-year contract, becoming their ninth signing this summer.
“I’m really happy to be here at a great club,” The Nigerian international told Sunderland’s official website.
“I have a lot of good friends here and everyone knows that I know the manager really well.
“He brought me through as a young player and was a big factor in me coming here.”
The former Everton and West Bromwich Albion forward was a free agent after leaving The Baggies this summer, meaning that he was able to reunite with manager David Moyes, as he came through the ranks of Everton’s youth setup when the Scotsman was in charge.
It’s worth noting that Anichebe has been capped 11 times by the Super Eagles, scoring once against Kenya in a friendly.