Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
U18 Women Basketball to face Mali in African Championship Final
Egyptian U18 women basketball team will be competing against Mali on Sunday for the title of the African Championship.
Egypt managed to qualify to the final match after beating Mozambique in the semi-finals 33-66, while Mali qualified after defeating Angola 46-65.
The two teams secured their spots in the U19 World Championship which will be held in Italy from the 22nd of July 2017 till July 30.
Egypt began the journey in the championship with a big win after defeating Algeria 43-92. The team then faced Madagascar and won 49-78. During the last match in their group, Egypt also defeated Angola 39-56 and qualified successfully to the quarter-finals where they met Uganda in an easy match that The Pharaohs won 25-67.
In Cairo stadium halls compound, the Egyptian team will be heading towards the second title for this age group after winning the championship in 2010. As for record winning Mali, who won the championship five times, the team will be keeping an eye on a sixth title to ensure their superiority.