Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
U18 Women Basketball to face Mali in African Championship Final
Egypt managed to qualify to the final match after beating Mozambique in the semi-finals 33-66, while Mali qualified after defeating Angola 46-65.
The two teams secured their spots in the U19 World Championship which will be held in Italy from the 22nd of July 2017 till July 30.
Egypt began the journey in the championship with a big win after defeating Algeria 43-92. The team then faced Madagascar and won 49-78. During the last match in their group, Egypt also defeated Angola 39-56 and qualified successfully to the quarter-finals where they met Uganda in an easy match that The Pharaohs won 25-67.
In Cairo stadium halls compound, the Egyptian team will be heading towards the second title for this age group after winning the championship in 2010. As for record winning Mali, who won the championship five times, the team will be keeping an eye on a sixth title to ensure their superiority.