Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
Egyptian center Karim Sameh Azab visits Memphis Tigers
Azab has only been playing organized basketball for a couple years, but as a raw talent, he helped the Under 18 Egyptian team win the 2014 African Championship. Since then, he moved to the United States, where he helped his high school reach the state tournament as a senior.
Currently, Azab is looking for a university in which to further his education and athletic goals. It seems as if Memphis is on the front foot.
“(Memphis) sounded like a program that sees his potential,” Azab’s guardian, Greg Jones, told Jason Smith of Commercial Appeal after Azab’s visit.
Jones continued, “By having a Hall of Fame coach like coach Tubby Smith, I think that only can magnify anything that Karim brings to the table. You’re talking about a guy that’s won a national championship. He’s put college guys into the NBA and he’s developed kids. Some coaches, they get a kid his freshman year and they don’t get any better. Whereas coach Smith, he’s developed numerous kids at the different spots he’s been. They’ve definitely shown us how much interest they have.”
If Azab were to commit to Memphis, or any other NCAA team, he would join the likes of Ehab Amin and Anas Mahmoud, who were profiled in our five Egyptian basketball players abroad to watch feature.