Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Chad becomes main kit sponsor of FC Metz
Chad, one of the poorest countries in the world, has made the controversial decision to become FC Metz shirt sponsor for the 16/17 season.
French Ligue 1 side, FC Metz has announced Chad as the new main kit sponsor. The deal is reportedly valued at $17.69 million.
But none of the parties has confirmed the amount. The Chad Government has allayed fears that public money, from the poor country, has been used for the deal. Instead, the Government said, local companies financed the deal.
Chad hopes the sponsorship will create a more positive image for the country; to encourage more tourists to visit. FC Metz 16/17 kits will display TChad: Oasis du Sahel (Chad: Oasis of the Sahel) in the hopes to realize this goal.
Chad withdrew from 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers group G due to financial difficulties. Egypt qualified top of the group.