Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Chad becomes main kit sponsor of FC Metz
Chad, one of the poorest countries in the world, has made the controversial decision to become FC Metz shirt sponsor for the 16/17 season.
French Ligue 1 side, FC Metz has announced Chad as the new main kit sponsor. The deal is reportedly valued at $17.69 million.
But none of the parties has confirmed the amount. The Chad Government has allayed fears that public money, from the poor country, has been used for the deal. Instead, the Government said, local companies financed the deal.
Chad hopes the sponsorship will create a more positive image for the country; to encourage more tourists to visit. FC Metz 16/17 kits will display TChad: Oasis du Sahel (Chad: Oasis of the Sahel) in the hopes to realize this goal.
Chad withdrew from 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers group G due to financial difficulties. Egypt qualified top of the group.