Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Chad becomes main kit sponsor of FC Metz
Chad, one of the poorest countries in the world, has made the controversial decision to become FC Metz shirt sponsor for the 16/17 season.
French Ligue 1 side, FC Metz has announced Chad as the new main kit sponsor. The deal is reportedly valued at $17.69 million.
But none of the parties has confirmed the amount. The Chad Government has allayed fears that public money, from the poor country, has been used for the deal. Instead, the Government said, local companies financed the deal.
Chad hopes the sponsorship will create a more positive image for the country; to encourage more tourists to visit. FC Metz 16/17 kits will display TChad: Oasis du Sahel (Chad: Oasis of the Sahel) in the hopes to realize this goal.
Chad withdrew from 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers group G due to financial difficulties. Egypt qualified top of the group.