Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Chad becomes main kit sponsor of FC Metz
Chad, one of the poorest countries in the world, has made the controversial decision to become FC Metz shirt sponsor for the 16/17 season.
French Ligue 1 side, FC Metz has announced Chad as the new main kit sponsor. The deal is reportedly valued at $17.69 million.
But none of the parties has confirmed the amount. The Chad Government has allayed fears that public money, from the poor country, has been used for the deal. Instead, the Government said, local companies financed the deal.
Chad hopes the sponsorship will create a more positive image for the country; to encourage more tourists to visit. FC Metz 16/17 kits will display TChad: Oasis du Sahel (Chad: Oasis of the Sahel) in the hopes to realize this goal.
Chad withdrew from 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers group G due to financial difficulties. Egypt qualified top of the group.