Ghana coach Avram Grant spoke about his team’s next game in the...
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
Mohamed El-Shorbagy becomes first Egyptian ever to win China Open
El Shorbagy defeated the Frenchman 11-5, 11-3, 11-3 to secure his first tournament title of the season and become the first Egyptian to win the China Open in its young history.
On the other hand, Nouran Gohar missed out on victory for the second consecutive year after losing to Laura Massaro 11-9, 11-5, 11-3 in the final.
El Shorbagy, defeated Grégory Gaultier, who won the tournament last year over Mohamed’s younger brother Marwan. This title win is the world number one’s 6th title in his 11th tour final.
Nouran Gohar suffered another setback this year by finishing the tournament as a runner-up. Last year, the 18-year-old lost in the final to Egyptian colleague Raneem El Weleily.