The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Mohamed El-Shorbagy becomes first Egyptian ever to win China Open
El Shorbagy defeated the Frenchman 11-5, 11-3, 11-3 to secure his first tournament title of the season and become the first Egyptian to win the China Open in its young history.
On the other hand, Nouran Gohar missed out on victory for the second consecutive year after losing to Laura Massaro 11-9, 11-5, 11-3 in the final.
El Shorbagy, defeated Grégory Gaultier, who won the tournament last year over Mohamed’s younger brother Marwan. This title win is the world number one’s 6th title in his 11th tour final.
Nouran Gohar suffered another setback this year by finishing the tournament as a runner-up. Last year, the 18-year-old lost in the final to Egyptian colleague Raneem El Weleily.