Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Mohamed El-Shorbagy becomes first Egyptian ever to win China Open
El Shorbagy defeated the Frenchman 11-5, 11-3, 11-3 to secure his first tournament title of the season and become the first Egyptian to win the China Open in its young history.
On the other hand, Nouran Gohar missed out on victory for the second consecutive year after losing to Laura Massaro 11-9, 11-5, 11-3 in the final.
El Shorbagy, defeated Grégory Gaultier, who won the tournament last year over Mohamed’s younger brother Marwan. This title win is the world number one’s 6th title in his 11th tour final.
Nouran Gohar suffered another setback this year by finishing the tournament as a runner-up. Last year, the 18-year-old lost in the final to Egyptian colleague Raneem El Weleily.