Ramadan Sobhi’s rare start for Stoke was one to forget as his...
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
Handball: El-Ahmar shines in Lekhwiya’s loss to Füchse Berlin
Egypt handball star Ahmed El-Ahmar scored the most points for Qatari Lekhwiya as they lost 25-27 in their opening match of the Super Globe championship against Fuchse Berlin on Monday.
El-Ahmar scored eight goals throughout the game to become the top scorer for his side, and provided a fantastic performance, but it was not enough as the German team edged out Lekhwiya for the semi-final.
Lekhwiya played well and showed great character managing to take a three-goal lead by the 14th minute, before the title-holders equalised few minutes later. The guests then took the lead as the first half ended 14-12 for the German team.
The Germans extended their lead to 19-15 just six minutes into the second half. They maintained the four-point lead as the score stood at 22-18 at the 45-minute mark. The Qatari side reduced the deficit to two goals as the game ended 27-25 for the Germans.
El-Ahmar will play with his side on Tuesday in the 5th-8th place classification match against Australia’s Sydney University, who lost 34-18 to Qatari Al-Sadd.