Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Handball: El-Ahmar shines in Lekhwiya’s loss to Füchse Berlin
Egypt handball star Ahmed El-Ahmar scored the most points for Qatari Lekhwiya as they lost 25-27 in their opening match of the Super Globe championship against Fuchse Berlin on Monday.
The Zamalek handball player joined the Qatari side on loan during the Super Globe, a tournament for the champion clubs from continental confederations held in Doha, Qatar between 5 and 8 September.
El-Ahmar scored eight goals throughout the game to become the top scorer for his side, and provided a fantastic performance, but it was not enough as the German team edged out Lekhwiya for the semi-final.
Lekhwiya played well and showed great character managing to take a three-goal lead by the 14th minute, before the title-holders equalised few minutes later. The guests then took the lead as the first half ended 14-12 for the German team.
The Germans extended their lead to 19-15 just six minutes into the second half. They maintained the four-point lead as the score stood at 22-18 at the 45-minute mark. The Qatari side reduced the deficit to two goals as the game ended 27-25 for the Germans.
El-Ahmar will play with his side on Tuesday in the 5th-8th place classification match against Australia’s Sydney University, who lost 34-18 to Qatari Al-Sadd.