An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Handball: El-Ahmar shines in Lekhwiya’s loss to Füchse Berlin
Egypt handball star Ahmed El-Ahmar scored the most points for Qatari Lekhwiya as they lost 25-27 in their opening match of the Super Globe championship against Fuchse Berlin on Monday.
The Zamalek handball player joined the Qatari side on loan during the Super Globe, a tournament for the champion clubs from continental confederations held in Doha, Qatar between 5 and 8 September.
El-Ahmar scored eight goals throughout the game to become the top scorer for his side, and provided a fantastic performance, but it was not enough as the German team edged out Lekhwiya for the semi-final.
Lekhwiya played well and showed great character managing to take a three-goal lead by the 14th minute, before the title-holders equalised few minutes later. The guests then took the lead as the first half ended 14-12 for the German team.
The Germans extended their lead to 19-15 just six minutes into the second half. They maintained the four-point lead as the score stood at 22-18 at the 45-minute mark. The Qatari side reduced the deficit to two goals as the game ended 27-25 for the Germans.
El-Ahmar will play with his side on Tuesday in the 5th-8th place classification match against Australia’s Sydney University, who lost 34-18 to Qatari Al-Sadd.