Egypt beach soccer team manager Ahmed Abdel-Razek announced the squad travelling to...
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- The Scout: An Egyptian talent that joined ISIS
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
Handball: El-Ahmar shines in Lekhwiya’s loss to Füchse Berlin
Egypt handball star Ahmed El-Ahmar scored the most points for Qatari Lekhwiya as they lost 25-27 in their opening match of the Super Globe championship against Fuchse Berlin on Monday.
El-Ahmar scored eight goals throughout the game to become the top scorer for his side, and provided a fantastic performance, but it was not enough as the German team edged out Lekhwiya for the semi-final.
Lekhwiya played well and showed great character managing to take a three-goal lead by the 14th minute, before the title-holders equalised few minutes later. The guests then took the lead as the first half ended 14-12 for the German team.
The Germans extended their lead to 19-15 just six minutes into the second half. They maintained the four-point lead as the score stood at 22-18 at the 45-minute mark. The Qatari side reduced the deficit to two goals as the game ended 27-25 for the Germans.
El-Ahmar will play with his side on Tuesday in the 5th-8th place classification match against Australia’s Sydney University, who lost 34-18 to Qatari Al-Sadd.