Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Handball: El-Ahmar shines in Lekhwiya’s loss to Füchse Berlin
Egypt handball star Ahmed El-Ahmar scored the most points for Qatari Lekhwiya as they lost 25-27 in their opening match of the Super Globe championship against Fuchse Berlin on Monday.
The Zamalek handball player joined the Qatari side on loan during the Super Globe, a tournament for the champion clubs from continental confederations held in Doha, Qatar between 5 and 8 September.
El-Ahmar scored eight goals throughout the game to become the top scorer for his side, and provided a fantastic performance, but it was not enough as the German team edged out Lekhwiya for the semi-final.
Lekhwiya played well and showed great character managing to take a three-goal lead by the 14th minute, before the title-holders equalised few minutes later. The guests then took the lead as the first half ended 14-12 for the German team.
The Germans extended their lead to 19-15 just six minutes into the second half. They maintained the four-point lead as the score stood at 22-18 at the 45-minute mark. The Qatari side reduced the deficit to two goals as the game ended 27-25 for the Germans.
El-Ahmar will play with his side on Tuesday in the 5th-8th place classification match against Australia’s Sydney University, who lost 34-18 to Qatari Al-Sadd.