Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Ahmed Hamoudi on the verge of joining Saudi Arabia’s Al Batin
Hamoudi, 25, is on the verge of joining Saudi Professional League outfit Al Batin with terms all but agreed.
The Egyptian international met Al Batin officials to sort out the transfer in Alexandria, later posting a photo on his social media accounts with players’ agent Jarrah Al Dhoufairy, who is from the city of Hafr Al Batin in Saudi Arabia and is known to have strong ties with the hometown club.
نورت اسكندرية يا شيخ جراح pic.twitter.com/Hq2W7HnuA0
— Ahmed Hamoudi (@Hamoudi) September 5, 2016
Al Batin, who are managed by former Al Ahly Egypt player Adel Abdelrahman, were promoted to the Saudi Pro League last season despite finishing third in the second division after the relegation of league champions Al-Mojzel over match fixing.
Hamoudi and his former club FC Basel agreed to mutually terminate the player’s contract after finding time hard to come by since joining the Swiss club in the summer of 2014.
The former Smouha playmaker spent one season at Basel, before joining Cairo giants Zamalek on a one-year loan for the 2015/16 season.
The 2014 Egyptian Player of the Season was approached by several Egyptian Premier League clubs before his decision to transfer to Saudi Arabia but a move did not materialise.
Ex-Zamalek teammate Mohamed Koffi’s Al-Ettifaq also made an offer for Hamoudi’s services, but the terms were not as enticing as those offered by Al Batin.
Al Batin lie in 7th place in the league after two rounds gone with three points following their loss from Al Hilal on the opening gameweek & their surprise win over Al Shabab in gameweek two.
Hamoudi will become the third Egyptian playing in Saudi Arabia along with Al Ahli’s Mohamed Abdel-Shafy and Ittihad’s Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’.