Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Al Ahmar’s Lekhwiya beat Sydney in Super Globe
Qatari Lekhwiya handball team defeated Sydney club 17-29 in the Super Globe tournament on Sunday.
After this win, the Qatari side, which Zamalek handball player Ahmed El-Ahmar joined on a loan, will be competing against Tunisian Espérance Sportive de Tunis on the fifth and sixth place of the tournament.
During the first set, Lekhwiya led the game and managed to secure it ending the set 9-12. The team then continued taking over the game and widened the gap between them and Sydney, eventually finishing the game 17-29.
The Qatari side will be facing Espérance Sportive de Tunis on Thursday during the tournament that is held for champion clubs from continental confederations. The tournament takes place in Doha, Qatar between 5 and 8 September.