Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Egyptian javelin thrower Ihab Abdelrahman fails test again
The Barcelona International Lab announced the result from sample B of Egyptian athlete Abdelrahman, who would have been competing for a top place at the Rio Olympics had he not failed his initial doping test.
Sample B of the test proved once more that he was on a drug which contained a certain amount of testosterone hormone.
This could see the Egyptian star athlete face a four-year suspension if he is found guilty of knowingly taking the substance.
On the other hand, if he was unaware he could get away with a warning or receive a two-year ban.
This is disappointing news for Ihab having been a favourite for winning a medal for Egypt in such a prestigious event.