The fixtures for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, which is set...
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
Egyptian javelin thrower Ihab Abdelrahman fails test again
The Barcelona International Lab announced the result from sample B of Egyptian athlete Abdelrahman, who would have been competing for a top place at the Rio Olympics had he not failed his initial doping test.
Sample B of the test proved once more that he was on a drug which contained a certain amount of testosterone hormone.
This could see the Egyptian star athlete face a four-year suspension if he is found guilty of knowingly taking the substance.
On the other hand, if he was unaware he could get away with a warning or receive a two-year ban.
This is disappointing news for Ihab having been a favourite for winning a medal for Egypt in such a prestigious event.