Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Elneny, Koka strikes among UEFA Europa League top ten goals
Last season’s UEFA Europa League strikes by Elneny and Koka made the list of the top ten best goals of the tournament. The list was compiled by a panel of experts featuring Sir Alex Ferguson.
Ahmed Hassan Koka’s goal against Olympique Marseille was ranked 10th. His strike was the opening goal in a 3-2 home win over the French side during the group stage.
Mohamed Elneny’s goal against Fiorentina in the group stage as well was ranked fifth. The midfielder scored a cracker that proved to be the winner for his side FC Basel. He scored a similar goal for Arsenal in a Champions League match against Barcelona.
The best goal of the 15/16 UEFA Europa League season was scored by Gonzalo Higuain. The Napoli striker scored in the group stage against Legia Warsaw.