KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Mark Hughes talks about Ramadan Sobhi
Stoke City manager Mark Hughes has revealed that Xherdan Shaqiri will miss out against Tottenham, adding that Sobhi has returned back in good health.
The 19-year-old winger was called up to join the Egyptian national team against Guinea and South Africa, which the Pharaohs couldn’t win both of them.
“Xherdan is still a little bit slow at the moment, we’ve tried something a little different with him this week just to push him on but he won’t be available for the weekend,” Hughes told Stoke City’s official website.
The Swiss international is struggling with a calf injury he picked up during the pre-season friendly against Hamburg and Ramadan could replace him.
“Those that have been out on international duty have returned back in good health pretty much,” Hughes added.
“We’ve tried to look after the ones who have been travelling further afield, the likes of Geoff Cameron and Ramadan returned a lot later than the rest, so they’ve had a low key day.
“Other than that, for the most part everybody else is ok,” He concluded.
Stoke City are sitting at the bottom of the Premier League table after winning only one point from the first three game weeks.