Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Mark Hughes talks about Ramadan Sobhi
Stoke City manager Mark Hughes has revealed that Xherdan Shaqiri will miss out against Tottenham, adding that Sobhi has returned back in good health.
The 19-year-old winger was called up to join the Egyptian national team against Guinea and South Africa, which the Pharaohs couldn’t win both of them.
“Xherdan is still a little bit slow at the moment, we’ve tried something a little different with him this week just to push him on but he won’t be available for the weekend,” Hughes told Stoke City’s official website.
The Swiss international is struggling with a calf injury he picked up during the pre-season friendly against Hamburg and Ramadan could replace him.
“Those that have been out on international duty have returned back in good health pretty much,” Hughes added.
“We’ve tried to look after the ones who have been travelling further afield, the likes of Geoff Cameron and Ramadan returned a lot later than the rest, so they’ve had a low key day.
“Other than that, for the most part everybody else is ok,” He concluded.
Stoke City are sitting at the bottom of the Premier League table after winning only one point from the first three game weeks.