Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
Sierra Leone FA president and other two senior officials arrested
The president of Sierra Leone Football Association (SLFA) Isha Johansen has been arrested on Wednesday in relation too a corruption case.
The Anti-Corruption Committee (ACC) have announced they have detained Johansen along with vice president Brima Kamara and secretary general Christopher Kamara after they “failed to answer to our repeated requests to report to us for an investigation into discrepancies in the financial statements of the SLFA,” head of commission, Ady Macauley told Reuters.
Patrick Sandy, another official from the ACC, expounded that the arresting of the three officials was due to the lack of cooperation from their side.
“We are investigating funds SLFA received from FIFA, the Confederation of African Football and the government of Sierra Leone as we have the mandate to do so,” Sandy said
“We have invited them in writing and through other means to report to our headquarters but they disregarded our invitations. We wrote a letter to the SLFA scribe to submit documents relating to SLFA finances but they refused to cooperate. ACC is an independent situation.”
Johansen was elected as the SLFA president in 2013 and she struggled to find support among the football community since then.