AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Sierra Leone FA president and other two senior officials arrested
The president of Sierra Leone Football Association (SLFA) Isha Johansen has been arrested on Wednesday in relation too a corruption case.
The Anti-Corruption Committee (ACC) have announced they have detained Johansen along with vice president Brima Kamara and secretary general Christopher Kamara after they “failed to answer to our repeated requests to report to us for an investigation into discrepancies in the financial statements of the SLFA,” head of commission, Ady Macauley told Reuters.
Patrick Sandy, another official from the ACC, expounded that the arresting of the three officials was due to the lack of cooperation from their side.
“We are investigating funds SLFA received from FIFA, the Confederation of African Football and the government of Sierra Leone as we have the mandate to do so,” Sandy said
“We have invited them in writing and through other means to report to our headquarters but they disregarded our invitations. We wrote a letter to the SLFA scribe to submit documents relating to SLFA finances but they refused to cooperate. ACC is an independent situation.”
Johansen was elected as the SLFA president in 2013 and she struggled to find support among the football community since then.