Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
Sierra Leone FA president and other two senior officials arrested
The president of Sierra Leone Football Association (SLFA) Isha Johansen has been arrested on Wednesday in relation too a corruption case.
The Anti-Corruption Committee (ACC) have announced they have detained Johansen along with vice president Brima Kamara and secretary general Christopher Kamara after they “failed to answer to our repeated requests to report to us for an investigation into discrepancies in the financial statements of the SLFA,” head of commission, Ady Macauley told Reuters.
Patrick Sandy, another official from the ACC, expounded that the arresting of the three officials was due to the lack of cooperation from their side.
“We are investigating funds SLFA received from FIFA, the Confederation of African Football and the government of Sierra Leone as we have the mandate to do so,” Sandy said
“We have invited them in writing and through other means to report to our headquarters but they disregarded our invitations. We wrote a letter to the SLFA scribe to submit documents relating to SLFA finances but they refused to cooperate. ACC is an independent situation.”
Johansen was elected as the SLFA president in 2013 and she struggled to find support among the football community since then.