Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz assured that the internal situation for...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Meteb is an important player for us
- Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
PHOTO: John Utaka files complaint against Ismaily to FIFA
Utaka made a sensational return to Ismaily back in July of this year, coming on a free transfer after his contract with Turkish club Sivasspor had expired.
However, after just one month El Daraweesh have decided to rescind the contract of the 34-year-old striker after finding out his poor technical and physical condition.
According to Utaka, the binding contract between him and Ismaily has been terminated from just one side, which is that of the Ismailia-based club.
“I began preliminary preparations for training. But, without further ado, the line went dead and I have tried to communicate with the president of the club and officials but I haven’t received any calls or answer from their part,” Utaka said in his complaint
“After that, through checking media and press sites, I have been informed that they have terminated the contract signed between us.”
Utaka claims that he communicated with new club president Ibrahim Osman, who promised to respond within few days but the situation hasn’t seen a breakthrough so far.