The draws for Egyptian sides Al Ahly and Zamalek in CAF Champions...
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
Trezeguet on loan: I wanted playing time
Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ discussed his recent loan move to Excel Mouscron, and underlined his desire to succeed in Belgium.
“From the beginning of the season, I wanted playing time. I understood that at Anderlecht, it would be difficult to play. Thanks to Mr. Van Holsbeeck, I was able to go on loan to Mouscron,” Trezeguet said.
“I do not really know why it did not work [at Anderlecht]. I did not feel it was my fault. I was at a club that were crowned champions of Egypt three times [Al Ahly]. I played every game.
“I came to Europe to continue my momentum and improve. Unfortunately I have not had the desired playing time. I have to play to continue to be called up to the national team. This year, I definitely want to win the Africa Cup of Nations with Egypt,” he added.
“I have learned a lot, despite not playing much. I sincerely believe that the Belgian championship is a good springboard that would help me move to a bigger league,” Trezeguet concluded.