Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Trezeguet on loan: I wanted playing time
Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ discussed his recent loan move to Excel Mouscron, and underlined his desire to succeed in Belgium.
“From the beginning of the season, I wanted playing time. I understood that at Anderlecht, it would be difficult to play. Thanks to Mr. Van Holsbeeck, I was able to go on loan to Mouscron,” Trezeguet said.
“I do not really know why it did not work [at Anderlecht]. I did not feel it was my fault. I was at a club that were crowned champions of Egypt three times [Al Ahly]. I played every game.
“I came to Europe to continue my momentum and improve. Unfortunately I have not had the desired playing time. I have to play to continue to be called up to the national team. This year, I definitely want to win the Africa Cup of Nations with Egypt,” he added.
“I have learned a lot, despite not playing much. I sincerely believe that the Belgian championship is a good springboard that would help me move to a bigger league,” Trezeguet concluded.