Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Hull City secure point at Burnley with late Snodgrass goal
Hull City maintained a consistent starting eleven as they looked to bounce from the defeat to Man Utd; Ahmed Elmohamady starting for a fourth straight match.
They started the match strongly but only created half chances. Burnley, on the other hand, sat back allowing Hull City to keep possession. There was little change to the tempo of the match all through the first half.
The visitors started the second half as strong as the first. But this time they showed more impetus in attack. They came close minutes to the hour mark. Adama Diomande was set up in the box by Andrew Robertson but he couldn’t keep his effort on target.
Hull continued to miss chances and we’re punished against the run of play. In the 72nd minute, Steven Defour beat Jakupovic with a long range effort after running past his marker.
Burnley continued to sit back against a Hull City team looking to draw level. Hull came close, again, through Abel Hernandez but would have to wait till the very end to get something out of a match they had dominated.
In the fifth minute of Stoppage time, the Tigers won a freekick outside the box and Robert Snodgrass made no mistake from the chance. The Scottish midfielder unleashed a powerful shot that rose above the Burnley wall and gave the goalkeeper no chance.
The 1-1 result leaves Hull, on seven points, in sixth place. Burnley are in 15th place with four points. Elmohamady’s Hull next play The Arsenal.