Egypt national team coach Hector Cuper praised AS Roma’s winger Mohamed Salah...
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
VIDEO: Omar Gaber assists first goal for FC Basel
Swiss League champions, Basel looked to continue their perfect record in the league when they hosted, fourth-placed side, Grasshopper.
FC Basel started strongly and scored two goals in two minutes, around the half hour mark. Icelandic winger, Bjarnason put the side ahead in the 28th minute. Seydou Doumbia doubled Basel’s lead in the 31st minute.
The visitors pulled a goal back late into the half to go to the break 2-1 down. The goal was scored by another Icelandic player, Sigurjónsson.
The sides improved after the break. But they were no goals, forcing the coaches into changes. Omar Gaber came on as FC Basel’s final substitution in the 80th minute. He came in place of a limping Adama Traore.
Six minutes after coming on, the Egyptian whipped in a cross which was translated to a second goal by Seydou Doumbia, to seal a 3-1 win.
This was Basel’s seventh consecutive win of the 16/17 Swiss Super League season, keeping them top of the league. They next play Ludogorets in the UEFA Champions League.