Egypt court added former Al Ahly and national team legend Mohamed Abou-Treika to...
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
VIDEO: Omar Gaber assists first goal for FC Basel
Swiss League champions, Basel looked to continue their perfect record in the league when they hosted, fourth-placed side, Grasshopper.
FC Basel started strongly and scored two goals in two minutes, around the half hour mark. Icelandic winger, Bjarnason put the side ahead in the 28th minute. Seydou Doumbia doubled Basel’s lead in the 31st minute.
The visitors pulled a goal back late into the half to go to the break 2-1 down. The goal was scored by another Icelandic player, Sigurjónsson.
The sides improved after the break. But they were no goals, forcing the coaches into changes. Omar Gaber came on as FC Basel’s final substitution in the 80th minute. He came in place of a limping Adama Traore.
Six minutes after coming on, the Egyptian whipped in a cross which was translated to a second goal by Seydou Doumbia, to seal a 3-1 win.
This was Basel’s seventh consecutive win of the 16/17 Swiss Super League season, keeping them top of the league. They next play Ludogorets in the UEFA Champions League.