Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Egyptian powerlifter Rehab Ahmed wins Paralympic silver medal
Egypt’s Rehab Ahmed won the silver medal in the women’s -50 kg of the powerlifting event at the Rio 2016 Paralympics on Saturday.
The 25-year-old missed on her first attempt, before lifting 102 kg and 104 kg, in the second and third attempt, respectively. Rehab, hoping to clinch the gold, attempted to lift 108 kg in her fourth and final attempt but failed and settled for silver.
Ukraine’s Lidiia Soloviova set a new Paralympic record, securing the gold medal with a 107 kg lift, while Linh Phuong Dang Thi of Vietnam came third after lifting 102 kg.
Rehab had previously managed to lift 107kg at the IPC Powerlifting World Cup that was held in Dubai in February.
Rehab’s medal comes only few hours after Sherif Osman clinched Egypt’s first medal of the Rio Paralympics, winning gold in the men’s -59 kg powerlifting event.