Nigerian footballing legend Emmanuel Amuneke revealed that he is keen to ply...
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
Egyptian powerlifter Rehab Ahmed wins Paralympic silver medal
Egypt’s Rehab Ahmed won the silver medal in the women’s -50 kg of the powerlifting event at the Rio 2016 Paralympics on Saturday.
The 25-year-old missed on her first attempt, before lifting 102 kg and 104 kg, in the second and third attempt, respectively. Rehab, hoping to clinch the gold, attempted to lift 108 kg in her fourth and final attempt but failed and settled for silver.
Ukraine’s Lidiia Soloviova set a new Paralympic record, securing the gold medal with a 107 kg lift, while Linh Phuong Dang Thi of Vietnam came third after lifting 102 kg.
Rehab had previously managed to lift 107kg at the IPC Powerlifting World Cup that was held in Dubai in February.
Rehab’s medal comes only few hours after Sherif Osman clinched Egypt’s first medal of the Rio Paralympics, winning gold in the men’s -59 kg powerlifting event.