Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Egyptian powerlifter Rehab Ahmed wins Paralympic silver medal
Egypt’s Rehab Ahmed won the silver medal in the women’s -50 kg of the powerlifting event at the Rio 2016 Paralympics on Saturday.
The 25-year-old missed on her first attempt, before lifting 102 kg and 104 kg, in the second and third attempt, respectively. Rehab, hoping to clinch the gold, attempted to lift 108 kg in her fourth and final attempt but failed and settled for silver.
Ukraine’s Lidiia Soloviova set a new Paralympic record, securing the gold medal with a 107 kg lift, while Linh Phuong Dang Thi of Vietnam came third after lifting 102 kg.
Rehab had previously managed to lift 107kg at the IPC Powerlifting World Cup that was held in Dubai in February.
Rehab’s medal comes only few hours after Sherif Osman clinched Egypt’s first medal of the Rio Paralympics, winning gold in the men’s -59 kg powerlifting event.