Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Egyptian powerlifter Rehab Ahmed wins Paralympic silver medal
Egypt’s Rehab Ahmed won the silver medal in the women’s -50 kg of the powerlifting event at the Rio 2016 Paralympics on Saturday.
The 25-year-old missed on her first attempt, before lifting 102 kg and 104 kg, in the second and third attempt, respectively. Rehab, hoping to clinch the gold, attempted to lift 108 kg in her fourth and final attempt but failed and settled for silver.
Ukraine’s Lidiia Soloviova set a new Paralympic record, securing the gold medal with a 107 kg lift, while Linh Phuong Dang Thi of Vietnam came third after lifting 102 kg.
Rehab had previously managed to lift 107kg at the IPC Powerlifting World Cup that was held in Dubai in February.
Rehab’s medal comes only few hours after Sherif Osman clinched Egypt’s first medal of the Rio Paralympics, winning gold in the men’s -59 kg powerlifting event.