Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Sam Morsy debuts as Barnsley defeats Preston in Championship
Barnsley’s Sam Winnall opened the scoresheet in the 27th minute, giving the visitors the lead. However, Preston came back stronger in the second half with a superb equaliser through Aiden McGeady in the 64th minute.
In the 79th minute, a decisive counter attack from the Tykes through substitute Adam Armstrong who, with an unmatched pace, easily pinched the ball past Preston’s goalkeeper.
Three points were enough to send the Reds to the second place in the Championship, four points away from leaders, Huddersfield. Barnsley will face Wolverhampton in their upcoming Championship clash on Tuesday aiming to snatch another three points to fight for their place.