Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Sam Morsy debuts as Barnsley defeats Preston in Championship
Barnsley’s Sam Winnall opened the scoresheet in the 27th minute, giving the visitors the lead. However, Preston came back stronger in the second half with a superb equaliser through Aiden McGeady in the 64th minute.
In the 79th minute, a decisive counter attack from the Tykes through substitute Adam Armstrong who, with an unmatched pace, easily pinched the ball past Preston’s goalkeeper.
Three points were enough to send the Reds to the second place in the Championship, four points away from leaders, Huddersfield. Barnsley will face Wolverhampton in their upcoming Championship clash on Tuesday aiming to snatch another three points to fight for their place.