Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Trezeguet gives assist in heavy defeat for Royal Mouscron
An assist by Trezeguet, in his first match for Royal Mouscron, was not enough to save the side from a home thrashing by Zulte Waregem.
The managed to draw level after 25 minutes, with Mahmoud Trezeguet handing out an assist. He intercepted a pass and laid the ball onto the path of Roman Ferber, who scored.
After being dominated, Mouscron fell behind again to Zulten Waregem in the 43rd minute. Goalkeeper, Vagner failed to handle a harmless long shot to send his team to the changing rooms 2-1 down.
Zulten Waregem extended their lead immediately after the restart. Cardaro slamming home for his team in the 46th minute. M’Baye Leye, who was having a good game, came to haunt the hosts again. He slid home in the 54th minute to make it 4-1.
The Senegalese forward missed his opportunity for a hatrick when he failed to convert a penalty, only four minutes later.
There was little action between that penalty miss and a stoppage time fifth goal for Zulten Waregem. Substitute, Naessens made it 5-1 on 90 minutes to cap off a dominant performance by the visitors.
The loss by Trezeguet’s side, Royal Mouscron, leaves them only a place above bottom in the Belgian League. Zulten Waregem, on the other hand, moved to top of the log.