Group A matches have finally come to the closure with surprising turn...
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
Trezeguet gives assist in heavy defeat for Royal Mouscron
An assist by Trezeguet, in his first match for Royal Mouscron, was not enough to save the side from a home thrashing by Zulte Waregem.
The managed to draw level after 25 minutes, with Mahmoud Trezeguet handing out an assist. He intercepted a pass and laid the ball onto the path of Roman Ferber, who scored.
After being dominated, Mouscron fell behind again to Zulten Waregem in the 43rd minute. Goalkeeper, Vagner failed to handle a harmless long shot to send his team to the changing rooms 2-1 down.
Zulten Waregem extended their lead immediately after the restart. Cardaro slamming home for his team in the 46th minute. M’Baye Leye, who was having a good game, came to haunt the hosts again. He slid home in the 54th minute to make it 4-1.
The Senegalese forward missed his opportunity for a hatrick when he failed to convert a penalty, only four minutes later.
There was little action between that penalty miss and a stoppage time fifth goal for Zulten Waregem. Substitute, Naessens made it 5-1 on 90 minutes to cap off a dominant performance by the visitors.
The loss by Trezeguet’s side, Royal Mouscron, leaves them only a place above bottom in the Belgian League. Zulten Waregem, on the other hand, moved to top of the log.