Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Trezeguet gives assist in heavy defeat for Royal Mouscron
An assist by Trezeguet, in his first match for Royal Mouscron, was not enough to save the side from a home thrashing by Zulte Waregem.
The managed to draw level after 25 minutes, with Mahmoud Trezeguet handing out an assist. He intercepted a pass and laid the ball onto the path of Roman Ferber, who scored.
After being dominated, Mouscron fell behind again to Zulten Waregem in the 43rd minute. Goalkeeper, Vagner failed to handle a harmless long shot to send his team to the changing rooms 2-1 down.
Zulten Waregem extended their lead immediately after the restart. Cardaro slamming home for his team in the 46th minute. M’Baye Leye, who was having a good game, came to haunt the hosts again. He slid home in the 54th minute to make it 4-1.
The Senegalese forward missed his opportunity for a hatrick when he failed to convert a penalty, only four minutes later.
There was little action between that penalty miss and a stoppage time fifth goal for Zulten Waregem. Substitute, Naessens made it 5-1 on 90 minutes to cap off a dominant performance by the visitors.
The loss by Trezeguet’s side, Royal Mouscron, leaves them only a place above bottom in the Belgian League. Zulten Waregem, on the other hand, moved to top of the log.