Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Amr Warda scores in loss to PAOK Thessaloniki
Egypt’s Amr Warda scored a late consolation goal as Panetolikos fell to an away defeat to PAOK Thessaloniki in the first round of 2016/17 Greece Superleague matches.
The league’s kickoff had been delayed by the country’s Deputy Minister of Sports over fears of violence, and the first round of fixtures was then scheduled for the second weekend of September.
Diego Biseswar found the back of the net after less than 120 seconds, as the Canaries got off to a disastrous start.
25 minutes later, Garry Rodrigues compounded the visitors’ woes, as he doubled his side’s advantage.
The hosts then played out the remainder of the match without incident until Warda netted a consolation goal in the final seconds of the match, as Panetolikos got off to a losing start.