Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
Amr Warda scores in loss to PAOK Thessaloniki
Egypt’s Amr Warda scored a late consolation goal as Panetolikos fell to an away defeat to PAOK Thessaloniki in the first round of 2016/17 Greece Superleague matches.
The league’s kickoff had been delayed by the country’s Deputy Minister of Sports over fears of violence, and the first round of fixtures was then scheduled for the second weekend of September.
Diego Biseswar found the back of the net after less than 120 seconds, as the Canaries got off to a disastrous start.
25 minutes later, Garry Rodrigues compounded the visitors’ woes, as he doubled his side’s advantage.
The hosts then played out the remainder of the match without incident until Warda netted a consolation goal in the final seconds of the match, as Panetolikos got off to a losing start.