Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Amr Warda scores in loss to PAOK Thessaloniki
Egypt’s Amr Warda scored a late consolation goal as Panetolikos fell to an away defeat to PAOK Thessaloniki in the first round of 2016/17 Greece Superleague matches.
The league’s kickoff had been delayed by the country’s Deputy Minister of Sports over fears of violence, and the first round of fixtures was then scheduled for the second weekend of September.
Diego Biseswar found the back of the net after less than 120 seconds, as the Canaries got off to a disastrous start.
25 minutes later, Garry Rodrigues compounded the visitors’ woes, as he doubled his side’s advantage.
The hosts then played out the remainder of the match without incident until Warda netted a consolation goal in the final seconds of the match, as Panetolikos got off to a losing start.