Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
Amr Warda scores in loss to PAOK Thessaloniki
Egypt’s Amr Warda scored a late consolation goal as Panetolikos fell to an away defeat to PAOK Thessaloniki in the first round of 2016/17 Greece Superleague matches.
The league’s kickoff had been delayed by the country’s Deputy Minister of Sports over fears of violence, and the first round of fixtures was then scheduled for the second weekend of September.
Diego Biseswar found the back of the net after less than 120 seconds, as the Canaries got off to a disastrous start.
25 minutes later, Garry Rodrigues compounded the visitors’ woes, as he doubled his side’s advantage.
The hosts then played out the remainder of the match without incident until Warda netted a consolation goal in the final seconds of the match, as Panetolikos got off to a losing start.