Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced that a media ban will...
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
Koka opens scoring account to help Braga record league win
Braga came to the match looking to keep up with Portuguese big boys, early in the season. Boavista were looking to bounce back from back to back draws in the league.
The match started off slow, the two sides opting to size each other up. Sporting Braga started gaining control of the proceedings but they couldn’t create meaningful chances.
Braga had to wait until midway in the first half to cause real trouble for the visitors. Ricardo Horta’s won a corner, from his effort, in the 21s minute before the home side was denied by the post.
The goal finally came in the 29th minute courtesy of Ahmed Hassan Koka. The Egyptian striker finished a rebound off Horta’s shot to give his team the lead.
Ahmed Koka came close to scoring a brace, two minutes later, but he sent a header high of goal.
Boavista continued to come under pressure, from the home team, in the second half. Wilson Eduardo was on the end of a great set up in the 52nd minute but he could not convert his chance.
Sporting Braga managed to break the Boavista defence, once again, on the hour mark. The team won a penalty which was scored by Pedro Santos. Eight minutes later, Wilson got his name on the score sheet to make it 3-0 to Braga.
The hosts then took their foot off the gas, with the upcoming Europa League game in mind. Ahmed Koka was among those subbed off, in the 79th minute, as Braga looked saw off the match.
Koka’s side next play Gent in the UEFA Europa League. The win lifted them to second in the Portuguese league, on ten points, just two behind Sportinf Lisbon.