Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
VIDEO: Egypt’s Shaaban Ibrahim wins fifth Paralympic medal
Egyptian powerlifter Shaaban Ibrahim won a bronze medal in the men’s -65 kg event at the Rio 2016 Paralympics on Saturday.
The 40-year-old missed out on his first attempt before lifting 191 kg and 193 kg on the second and third attempts respectively, to secure the bronze medal.
China’s Peng Hu claimed the silver medal after lifting 200 kg, while Paul Kehinde of Nigeria broke the Paralympic and world record with a 218 kg lift to secure the gold medal.
This marks Ibrahim’s fifth Paralympic medal, as he has taken home a medal from every Paralympics at which he has competed; silver in 2000, gold in 2004 and bronze in 2008 and 2012.