Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
VIDEO: Egypt’s Shaaban Ibrahim wins fifth Paralympic medal
Egyptian powerlifter Shaaban Ibrahim won a bronze medal in the men’s -65 kg event at the Rio 2016 Paralympics on Saturday.
The 40-year-old missed out on his first attempt before lifting 191 kg and 193 kg on the second and third attempts respectively, to secure the bronze medal.
China’s Peng Hu claimed the silver medal after lifting 200 kg, while Paul Kehinde of Nigeria broke the Paralympic and world record with a 218 kg lift to secure the gold medal.
This marks Ibrahim’s fifth Paralympic medal, as he has taken home a medal from every Paralympics at which he has competed; silver in 2000, gold in 2004 and bronze in 2008 and 2012.