Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
VIDEO: Egypt’s Shaaban Ibrahim wins fifth Paralympic medal
Egyptian powerlifter Shaaban Ibrahim won a bronze medal in the men’s -65 kg event at the Rio 2016 Paralympics on Saturday.
The 40-year-old missed out on his first attempt before lifting 191 kg and 193 kg on the second and third attempts respectively, to secure the bronze medal.
China’s Peng Hu claimed the silver medal after lifting 200 kg, while Paul Kehinde of Nigeria broke the Paralympic and world record with a 218 kg lift to secure the gold medal.
This marks Ibrahim’s fifth Paralympic medal, as he has taken home a medal from every Paralympics at which he has competed; silver in 2000, gold in 2004 and bronze in 2008 and 2012.