Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
VIDEO: Egypt’s Shaaban Ibrahim wins fifth Paralympic medal
Egyptian powerlifter Shaaban Ibrahim won a bronze medal in the men’s -65 kg event at the Rio 2016 Paralympics on Saturday.
The 40-year-old missed out on his first attempt before lifting 191 kg and 193 kg on the second and third attempts respectively, to secure the bronze medal.
China’s Peng Hu claimed the silver medal after lifting 200 kg, while Paul Kehinde of Nigeria broke the Paralympic and world record with a 218 kg lift to secure the gold medal.
This marks Ibrahim’s fifth Paralympic medal, as he has taken home a medal from every Paralympics at which he has competed; silver in 2000, gold in 2004 and bronze in 2008 and 2012.