Egypt’s national volleyball team won the 2016 Women’s U-23 African Nations Championship...
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
Egyptian powerlifter Amal Mahmoud wins Paralympic bronze
Egyptian powerlifter Amal Mahmoud added a bronze to her Paralympic medal collection as she came third in the women’s -67 kg at the Rio 2016 Games on Sunday.
Amal, 37, clinched the medal with a 108 kg lift in her second attempt, while she missed out on her first and third attempts.
Raushan Koishibayeva of Kazakhstan came second after lifting 113 kg, while China’s Yujiao Tan finished in the first place with a 135 kg lift, before lifting 138.5 kg to break the Paralympic and world records.
This marked Amal’s third Paralympic medal as she won silver at the Beijing 2008 Games and a bronze at the London 2012 Games.