Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Rio 2016: Egypt’s sitting volleyball team advances to semi finals
Egypt defeated Brazil 3-2 in sitting volleyball in the 2016 Paralympic Games to go top of the group and advance to the semi finals.
The match went back and forth in all five rounds, but the Egyptians prevailed in the final round and won the match – (25-18, 13-25, 25-23, 10-25, 15-13).
Egypt’s seated volleyball team are now in first place in Pool A, having defeated both Germany and Brazil in tough encounters. The win sees them confirm their progression to the semi final round.
The Pharaohs play their last match in Pool A against the United States on Tuesday evening to confirm their place as group winners.