Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Rio 2016: Egypt’s sitting volleyball team advances to semi finals
Egypt defeated Brazil 3-2 in sitting volleyball in the 2016 Paralympic Games to go top of the group and advance to the semi finals.
The match went back and forth in all five rounds, but the Egyptians prevailed in the final round and won the match – (25-18, 13-25, 25-23, 10-25, 15-13).
Egypt’s seated volleyball team are now in first place in Pool A, having defeated both Germany and Brazil in tough encounters. The win sees them confirm their progression to the semi final round.
The Pharaohs play their last match in Pool A against the United States on Tuesday evening to confirm their place as group winners.