Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Rio 2016: Egypt’s sitting volleyball team advances to semi finals
Egypt defeated Brazil 3-2 in sitting volleyball in the 2016 Paralympic Games to go top of the group and advance to the semi finals.
The match went back and forth in all five rounds, but the Egyptians prevailed in the final round and won the match – (25-18, 13-25, 25-23, 10-25, 15-13).
Egypt’s seated volleyball team are now in first place in Pool A, having defeated both Germany and Brazil in tough encounters. The win sees them confirm their progression to the semi final round.
The Pharaohs play their last match in Pool A against the United States on Tuesday evening to confirm their place as group winners.