Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Rio 2016: Egypt’s sitting volleyball team advances to semi finals
Egypt defeated Brazil 3-2 in sitting volleyball in the 2016 Paralympic Games to go top of the group and advance to the semi finals.
The match went back and forth in all five rounds, but the Egyptians prevailed in the final round and won the match – (25-18, 13-25, 25-23, 10-25, 15-13).
Egypt’s seated volleyball team are now in first place in Pool A, having defeated both Germany and Brazil in tough encounters. The win sees them confirm their progression to the semi final round.
The Pharaohs play their last match in Pool A against the United States on Tuesday evening to confirm their place as group winners.