Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Rio 2016: Amany Ibrahim wins Bronze in Powerlifiting
Amany Ibrahim managed to win Egypt’s sixth medal in Powerlifting and seventh overall after winning Bronze in the Women’s U73 kg competition.
Ibrahim won the third place after three successful attempts (110,115,127) kg, and guaranteeing a medal before her last attempt.
The Egyptian lifted 13 kg less than silver medalist Souaad Ghazouani from France and gold medalist Ndidi Nwsou from Nigeria, who both managed to lift 140 kgs.
Ibrahim adds her first medal to her record and the seventh medal for Egypt in the Rio 2016 Paralympics. The Pharaohs aim to win more medals and continue their supremacy in Powerlifting, as seven more Egyptians are yet to compete in the upcoming days.