Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Mido: Balotelli will lose focus really soon
The Euro 2012 runner-up enjoyed what could be his rebirth after scoring two goals on his OGC Nice debut to help his side beat Marseille 3-2.
The 26-year-old striker spent a disastrous season at Anfield, scoring just one goal in 16 appearances for Liverpool, before being sent to Milan on loan in hopes of rediscovering his eye for goal.
However, an injury and a series of poor performances were enough for Jurgen Klopp to publicly exclude Balotelli from Liverpool’s plans for the 2016-2017 season. Balotelli went on to complete a deadline day move to the French top-flight as a free transfer.
Current beIN sports pundit Mido was quick to claim that Balotelli’s rebirth will not last for long, and his form will eventually drop.
“I think that Balotelli will play well for the next five games and then he will go back to his old mindless and foolish habits,” said Mido.
“I like Balotelli’s frivolous character, but I am against what he’s doing because it is affecting his footballing career,” he claimed.