Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Randa Mahmoud wins Egypt’s second 2016 gold Paralympic medal
The 29 year old had lifted 125 kg in her first attempt before breaking the previous Paralympic record in her second attempt, lifting 130 kg. The second attempt was enough to seal Egypt’s second gold medal in Rio Paralympics, despite Randa failing in her third and fourth attempts, lifting 140 kg and 137 kg respectively.
The Jordanian powerlifter Tharwah Al-Hajaj won the silver medal lifting 119 kg, while Mexico’s Catalina Diaz came in the third position to win the bronze after lifting 117 kg.
Randa has now won her second Paralympic medal after winning the silver medal in the 82.5 kg event in the 2012 Paralympic games in London.
Randa achieved Egypt’s eighth paralympic medal, as they are occupying the 28th position in the medal count table with two golds, three silvers and three bronze.