The round one fixtures for the Men’s World Squash Championship 2016 have been released. ...
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
Randa Mahmoud wins Egypt’s second 2016 gold Paralympic medal
Egyptian powerlifter Randa Mahmoud has secured Egypt’s second gold medal in the Women’s -86 kg event at the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio De Janeiro.
The 29 year old had lifted 125 kg in her first attempt before breaking the previous Paralympic record in her second attempt, lifting 130 kg. The second attempt was enough to seal Egypt’s second gold medal in Rio Paralympics, despite Randa failing in her third and fourth attempts, lifting 140 kg and 137 kg respectively.
The Jordanian powerlifter Tharwah Al-Hajaj won the silver medal lifting 119 kg, while Mexico’s Catalina Diaz came in the third position to win the bronze after lifting 117 kg.
Randa has now won her second Paralympic medal after winning the silver medal in the 82.5 kg event in the 2012 Paralympic games in London.
Randa achieved Egypt’s eighth paralympic medal, as they are occupying the 28th position in the medal count table with two golds, three silvers and three bronze.