Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Randa Mahmoud wins Egypt’s second 2016 gold Paralympic medal
The 29 year old had lifted 125 kg in her first attempt before breaking the previous Paralympic record in her second attempt, lifting 130 kg. The second attempt was enough to seal Egypt’s second gold medal in Rio Paralympics, despite Randa failing in her third and fourth attempts, lifting 140 kg and 137 kg respectively.
The Jordanian powerlifter Tharwah Al-Hajaj won the silver medal lifting 119 kg, while Mexico’s Catalina Diaz came in the third position to win the bronze after lifting 117 kg.
Randa has now won her second Paralympic medal after winning the silver medal in the 82.5 kg event in the 2012 Paralympic games in London.
Randa achieved Egypt’s eighth paralympic medal, as they are occupying the 28th position in the medal count table with two golds, three silvers and three bronze.