Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
Randa Mahmoud wins Egypt’s second 2016 gold Paralympic medal
The 29 year old had lifted 125 kg in her first attempt before breaking the previous Paralympic record in her second attempt, lifting 130 kg. The second attempt was enough to seal Egypt’s second gold medal in Rio Paralympics, despite Randa failing in her third and fourth attempts, lifting 140 kg and 137 kg respectively.
The Jordanian powerlifter Tharwah Al-Hajaj won the silver medal lifting 119 kg, while Mexico’s Catalina Diaz came in the third position to win the bronze after lifting 117 kg.
Randa has now won her second Paralympic medal after winning the silver medal in the 82.5 kg event in the 2012 Paralympic games in London.
Randa achieved Egypt’s eighth paralympic medal, as they are occupying the 28th position in the medal count table with two golds, three silvers and three bronze.