Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Mohamed Ahmed wins Egypt’s 10th medal at Rio Paralympics
Egyptian powerlifter Mohamed Ahmed secured the silver medal in the men’s -107 kg at the Rio 2016 Paralympics on Wednesday.
The 34-year-old lifted 225 kg in his first attempt. He missed out on his second attempt before lifting 233 kg in the third attempt to secure the silver medal.
Greece’s Pavlos Mamalos broke the Paralympic record and won gold with a 238 kg lift, while Ali Sadeghzadehsalmani of Iran came third after lifting 226 kg.
Egypt now sit 24th on the Rio Paralympics medal table after increasing its tally to 10 medals, including three gold, fourth silver and three bronze.