Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Mohamed Ahmed wins Egypt’s 10th medal at Rio Paralympics
Egyptian powerlifter Mohamed Ahmed secured the silver medal in the men’s -107 kg at the Rio 2016 Paralympics on Wednesday.
The 34-year-old lifted 225 kg in his first attempt. He missed out on his second attempt before lifting 233 kg in the third attempt to secure the silver medal.
Greece’s Pavlos Mamalos broke the Paralympic record and won gold with a 238 kg lift, while Ali Sadeghzadehsalmani of Iran came third after lifting 226 kg.
This marks Egypt’s fourth silver medal in the Rio Games. It comes only few hours after his compatriot Mohamed Eldib won gold in the men’s -97 kg.
Egypt now sit 24th on the Rio Paralympics medal table after increasing its tally to 10 medals, including three gold, fourth silver and three bronze.