Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Sam Morsy on international debut: It was a dream that came true
Sam Morsy claimed that his Egyptian national team debut was a dream that came true, as he is excited ahead of the challenges coming ahead.
Sam Morsy’s dual nationality was the key to see him getting minutes with the Egyptian national team and is happy with his debut, insisting that only the best is yet to come from him.
“It’s a huge honor to represent the Egyptian national team. That’s something I’ve dreamed of for a number of years, and it was amazing to make my debut in Borg El Arab Stadium in Alexandria,” Morsy said.
“It was an indescribable feeling and unbelievable experience, in which I have witnessed to play with top players and it makes me feel that I have grown up as a player and as a person,” he continued.
Morsy made a second-half cameo in Egypt’s 1-1 draw against Guinea two weeks ago.
“There are World Cup Qualifiers in October and if you want to play for your country, then you have to be playing regular football,” the 25-year-old Egyptian midfielder stated after moving on loan to Barnsley from Wigan Athletic.
“Here there is a great a squad and I will have to work hard day in and day out, so I can hopefully secure a starting place in my team,” Morsy concluded.