Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz assured that the internal situation for...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Meteb is an important player for us
- Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Sam Morsy on international debut: It was a dream that came true
Sam Morsy claimed that his Egyptian national team debut was a dream that came true, as he is excited ahead of the challenges coming ahead.
Sam Morsy’s dual nationality was the key to see him getting minutes with the Egyptian national team and is happy with his debut, insisting that only the best is yet to come from him.
“It’s a huge honor to represent the Egyptian national team. That’s something I’ve dreamed of for a number of years, and it was amazing to make my debut in Borg El Arab Stadium in Alexandria,” Morsy said.
“It was an indescribable feeling and unbelievable experience, in which I have witnessed to play with top players and it makes me feel that I have grown up as a player and as a person,” he continued.
“There are World Cup Qualifiers in October and if you want to play for your country, then you have to be playing regular football,” the 25-year-old Egyptian midfielder stated after moving on loan to Barnsley from Wigan Athletic.
“Here there is a great a squad and I will have to work hard day in and day out, so I can hopefully secure a starting place in my team,” Morsy concluded.