The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Sam Morsy: I preferred joining Barnsley over other clubs
After featuring in a 2-1 away win against Preston last Saturday, Morsy came out and spoke to the media about his move to Championship side Barnsley.
The 25-year-old British-Egyptian is excited to face new challenges, as he saw himself making his debut for Egypt’s national team and moving to Barnsley.
“It’s been a great couple of weeks to be fair, to get everything sorted and settled; makes me delighted to join the club and be here,”said Morsy.
“When I heard about Barnsley interest, there was no-brainier and I did my best and everything to be here,” he continued.
“There was a numbers of clubs interested in my services, but when Barnsley came for me I realized that this was the right move for me,” revealed the 25-year-old midfielder.
He concluded, “Barnsleyis a great team with a fantastic spirit. They got to the play-offs and got promoted with their very talented squad. I have played against most of the players here, and I know they are capable of producing fantastic performances.”