Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Sam Morsy: I preferred joining Barnsley over other clubs
After featuring in a 2-1 away win against Preston last Saturday, Morsy came out and spoke to the media about his move to Championship side Barnsley.
The 25-year-old British-Egyptian is excited to face new challenges, as he saw himself making his debut for Egypt’s national team and moving to Barnsley.
“It’s been a great couple of weeks to be fair, to get everything sorted and settled; makes me delighted to join the club and be here,”said Morsy.
“When I heard about Barnsley interest, there was no-brainier and I did my best and everything to be here,” he continued.
“There was a numbers of clubs interested in my services, but when Barnsley came for me I realized that this was the right move for me,” revealed the 25-year-old midfielder.
He concluded, “Barnsleyis a great team with a fantastic spirit. They got to the play-offs and got promoted with their very talented squad. I have played against most of the players here, and I know they are capable of producing fantastic performances.”