Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Sam Morsy: I preferred joining Barnsley over other clubs
After featuring in a 2-1 away win against Preston last Saturday, Morsy came out and spoke to the media about his move to Championship side Barnsley.
The 25-year-old British-Egyptian is excited to face new challenges, as he saw himself making his debut for Egypt’s national team and moving to Barnsley.
“It’s been a great couple of weeks to be fair, to get everything sorted and settled; makes me delighted to join the club and be here,”said Morsy.
“When I heard about Barnsley interest, there was no-brainier and I did my best and everything to be here,” he continued.
“There was a numbers of clubs interested in my services, but when Barnsley came for me I realized that this was the right move for me,” revealed the 25-year-old midfielder.
He concluded, “Barnsleyis a great team with a fantastic spirit. They got to the play-offs and got promoted with their very talented squad. I have played against most of the players here, and I know they are capable of producing fantastic performances.”