Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Zesco United manager Lwandamina relieved of his duties as Zambia coach
The Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has relieved George Lwandamina of his duties as caretaker coach and appointed Wedson Nyirenda.
The 53-year-old coach was appointed as Zambia caretaker coach after Honour Janza was fired in May 2015. Lwandamina, who doubled up as coach of Zesco United, was relieved of his post at the helm of the Chipolopolo so that he can concentrate on his club’s campaign in the 2016 CAF Champions League.
“In view of the fact that Zesco United are engaged in the semi-final of the CAF Champions League with two consecutive matches approaching, the Football Association of Zambia released Mr. George Lwandamina to focus on this assignment which is of equal importance to the country,” said FAZ general secretary Ponga Liwewe in a statement published on the association’s Facebook page.
“We believe that he can win the Champions League and are in a great position to do so,” the statement read.
Zesco United will host Mamelodi Sundowns on Saturday in the first leg of the semi-final, before travelling to South Africa for the second leg a week later.
“The change is immediate and we believe that Mr. Nyirenda will add immense value to the national team,” the statement added.
Nyirenda, who joins from Mozambique’s top tier side Ferroviário da Beira, was announced as the national team assistant coach and will be acting as interim manager until the appointment of a foreign manager.
He will be be in charge when Zambia and Nigeria face off in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier on October 9.