Pitso Mosimane revealed his interest in signing two Zamalek players ahead of...
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
VIDEO: Amr Mosaad wins Egypt’s 11th medal at the 2016 Paralympics
Egyptian powerlifter Amr Mosaad has won a silver medal in men’s +107 kilograms powerlifting at the 2016 Rio Paralympics on Wednesday.
Mossad was successful in lifting 228kg in his first attempt, temporarily taking him to first place, but his failure to lift 231kg in his second attempt took him back to third place.
In his third and final attempt, the 24-year-old successfully lifted 235kg to secure a silver medal. Iran’s Siamand Rahman broke a Paralympic and World record by lifting 310kg to win gold by a landslide. He has secured gold in his first attempt by lifting 270 kg.
Jordanian powerlifter Jameel ElShebli lifted 234 kg, securing a third place finish, and therefore a bronze medal.
Egypt now sit in 26th place in the 2016 Paralympics medal count table with a total of 11 medals, ten of which have come from powerlifting. The medal breakdown is as follows: three gold, five silver, and three bronze.