Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
VIDEO: Amr Mosaad wins Egypt’s 11th medal at the 2016 Paralympics
Egyptian powerlifter Amr Mosaad has won a silver medal in men’s +107 kilograms powerlifting at the 2016 Rio Paralympics on Wednesday.
Mossad was successful in lifting 228kg in his first attempt, temporarily taking him to first place, but his failure to lift 231kg in his second attempt took him back to third place.
In his third and final attempt, the 24-year-old successfully lifted 235kg to secure a silver medal. Iran’s Siamand Rahman broke a Paralympic and World record by lifting 310kg to win gold by a landslide. He has secured gold in his first attempt by lifting 270 kg.
Jordanian powerlifter Jameel ElShebli lifted 234 kg, securing a third place finish, and therefore a bronze medal.
Egypt now sit in 26th place in the 2016 Paralympics medal count table with a total of 11 medals, ten of which have come from powerlifting. The medal breakdown is as follows: three gold, five silver, and three bronze.