Egypt secured maximum points through a late strike from Abdallah El-Said, who...
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
VIDEO: Amr Mosaad wins Egypt’s 11th medal at the 2016 Paralympics
Egyptian powerlifter Amr Mosaad has won a silver medal in men’s +107 kilograms powerlifting at the 2016 Rio Paralympics on Wednesday.
Mossad was successful in lifting 228kg in his first attempt, temporarily taking him to first place, but his failure to lift 231kg in his second attempt took him back to third place.
In his third and final attempt, the 24-year-old successfully lifted 235kg to secure a silver medal. Iran’s Siamand Rahman broke a Paralympic and World record by lifting 310kg to win gold by a landslide. He has secured gold in his first attempt by lifting 270 kg.
Jordanian powerlifter Jameel ElShebli lifted 234 kg, securing a third place finish, and therefore a bronze medal.
Egypt now sit in 26th place in the 2016 Paralympics medal count table with a total of 11 medals, ten of which have come from powerlifting. The medal breakdown is as follows: three gold, five silver, and three bronze.