Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
VIDEO: Amr Mosaad wins Egypt’s 11th medal at the 2016 Paralympics
Egyptian powerlifter Amr Mosaad has won a silver medal in men’s +107 kilograms powerlifting at the 2016 Rio Paralympics on Wednesday.
Mossad was successful in lifting 228kg in his first attempt, temporarily taking him to first place, but his failure to lift 231kg in his second attempt took him back to third place.
In his third and final attempt, the 24-year-old successfully lifted 235kg to secure a silver medal. Iran’s Siamand Rahman broke a Paralympic and World record by lifting 310kg to win gold by a landslide. He has secured gold in his first attempt by lifting 270 kg.
Jordanian powerlifter Jameel ElShebli lifted 234 kg, securing a third place finish, and therefore a bronze medal.
Egypt now sit in 26th place in the 2016 Paralympics medal count table with a total of 11 medals, ten of which have come from powerlifting. The medal breakdown is as follows: three gold, five silver, and three bronze.