Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
VIDEO: Amr Mosaad wins Egypt’s 11th medal at the 2016 Paralympics
Egyptian powerlifter Amr Mosaad has won a silver medal in men’s +107 kilograms powerlifting at the 2016 Rio Paralympics on Wednesday.
Mossad was successful in lifting 228kg in his first attempt, temporarily taking him to first place, but his failure to lift 231kg in his second attempt took him back to third place.
In his third and final attempt, the 24-year-old successfully lifted 235kg to secure a silver medal. Iran’s Siamand Rahman broke a Paralympic and World record by lifting 310kg to win gold by a landslide. He has secured gold in his first attempt by lifting 270 kg.
Jordanian powerlifter Jameel ElShebli lifted 234 kg, securing a third place finish, and therefore a bronze medal.
Egypt now sit in 26th place in the 2016 Paralympics medal count table with a total of 11 medals, ten of which have come from powerlifting. The medal breakdown is as follows: three gold, five silver, and three bronze.