Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
MATCH PREVIEW: Zamalek host Wydad Casablanca in search of their sixth African title
Zamalek, who qualified as the second team in group B, will host Wydad Casablanca, who finished in first place of group . The White Knights know they are facing a tough test to prove themselves at home, as Wydad Casablanca’s last match in Egypt ended in a goalless draw against Al Ahly.
Zamalek will be looking to earn a positive result from their home fixture as they know it won’t be easy in Morocco. The preparations from the White Knights camp is intense, as they are looking forward to providing a high offensive display with cautious defensive tactics.
Zamalek SC will be highly focused on not conceding a goal at home in order to boost their chances of qualification. They will need to provide high pressure on their counterparts, as the Moroccan team has a very solid midfield that knows how to provide and assist their attacking line.
The White Knights will be looking to protect their makeshift back four with a compact midfield.
Wydad Casablanca will come to Egypt looking to get a draw or steal a win, which will make things difficult for the Egyptians when they travel to Morocco.
Predicted Zamalek XI:
Ahmed El-Shennawy; Ali Fathi, Ali Gabr, Islam Gamal, Shawky El Said; Tarek Hamed, Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Tawfik; Ayman Hefny, Mostafa Fathi, Bassem Morsi.