Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
MATCH PREVIEW: Zamalek host Wydad Casablanca in search of their sixth African title
Zamalek, who qualified as the second team in group B, will host Wydad Casablanca, who finished in first place of group . The White Knights know they are facing a tough test to prove themselves at home, as Wydad Casablanca’s last match in Egypt ended in a goalless draw against Al Ahly.
Zamalek will be looking to earn a positive result from their home fixture as they know it won’t be easy in Morocco. The preparations from the White Knights camp is intense, as they are looking forward to providing a high offensive display with cautious defensive tactics.
Zamalek SC will be highly focused on not conceding a goal at home in order to boost their chances of qualification. They will need to provide high pressure on their counterparts, as the Moroccan team has a very solid midfield that knows how to provide and assist their attacking line.
The White Knights will be looking to protect their makeshift back four with a compact midfield.
With key players like Ayman Hefny, Mostafa Fathim and Bassem Morsy in attack and Moruf Youssef and Shikabala on the bench, Zamalek has the quality to cause problems to Wydad’s defense.
Wydad Casablanca will come to Egypt looking to get a draw or steal a win, which will make things difficult for the Egyptians when they travel to Morocco.
Predicted Zamalek XI:
Ahmed El-Shennawy; Ali Fathi, Ali Gabr, Islam Gamal, Shawky El Said; Tarek Hamed, Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Tawfik; Ayman Hefny, Mostafa Fathi, Bassem Morsi.