Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
John Toshack hopes no mistakes will be made against Zamalek
Wydad fell with Al Ahly in the group stage of the CAF Champions League; the Egyptians had the upper hand following their draw in the first leg.
Rami Rabia’s late goal sealed the win for the Reds in the return leg; however it was not enough for Al Ahly to progress to the semi-finals.
Zamalek made it to the CAF Champions League semi final and are set to face Wydad in Egypt on Friday and the Welsh coach talked about facing the Cairo-based teams.
“A mistake against Al Ahly could have been overcome, given that the match was in the group stage; unlike the case with Zamalek; since it is a semi-final match,” commented Toshack.
“I hope that no mistakes will be committed against Zamalek on Friday, we will play to win in order to make things easier in the second leg,” concluded the manager.