Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
John Toshack hopes no mistakes will be made against Zamalek
Wydad fell with Al Ahly in the group stage of the CAF Champions League; the Egyptians had the upper hand following their draw in the first leg.
Rami Rabia’s late goal sealed the win for the Reds in the return leg; however it was not enough for Al Ahly to progress to the semi-finals.
Zamalek made it to the CAF Champions League semi final and are set to face Wydad in Egypt on Friday and the Welsh coach talked about facing the Cairo-based teams.
“A mistake against Al Ahly could have been overcome, given that the match was in the group stage; unlike the case with Zamalek; since it is a semi-final match,” commented Toshack.
“I hope that no mistakes will be committed against Zamalek on Friday, we will play to win in order to make things easier in the second leg,” concluded the manager.