Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Roma drop points away at Plzen in Europa League opener
After they missed out on the Champions League group stage, the Giallarossi’s first match in the Europa League saw Diego Perotti’s penalty cancelled out by a Marek Bakos goal.
Viktoria Plzen XI: Bolek; Hubnik; Hejda; Limbersky; Mateju; Kace; Horava; Zeman; Kopic; Duris; Bakos.
Roma XI: Alisson; Fazio; Manolas; Jesus; Peres; Paredes; Gerson; Nainggolan; Perotti; El Shaarawy; Iturbe.
Roma got their Europa League campaign underway with a tricky fixture away at Czech champions Viktoria Plzen. The Giallorossi are competing in the Europa League after they lost their Champions League final playoff games to Porto.
The visitors got off to a dream start, as Diego Perotti dispatched a penalty after Stephan El Shaarawy was fouled in the area four minutes into the game.
However, the home side would soon equalise through Marek Bakos, as his header to the far post squeezed into the net, making it 1-1 in the 11th minute.
Although Roma would dominate possession, and eventually would bring on super-sub Francesco Totti, they were unable to take the lead, and as a result they would leave the Czech Republic with one point.
The result means that Roma and Plzen are joint second in the group behind Austria Wien, who won 3-2 away at Romanian champions Astra Giurgiu, who defeated West Ham United to reach the group stage.