KingFut covers the live action as Zamalek attempt to mount a historic...
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
Former Esperance goalkeeper Sami Helal sentenced to one year in prison
Former Espérance Sportive de Tunis goalkeeper Sami Helal has been sentenced to a one-year in prison for drug use on Thursday.
Helal’s prison sentence was halved as he was previously handed down a two-year prison sentence in absentia before the court reduced it to one year, according to Tunisian al-Chourouk newspaper. He was also handed a fine of 1000 Tunisian dinars.
Tunisian security forces arrested Helal upon his arrival at Tunis Carthage Airport on Wednesday from Morocco, where he has been living for the past year.
The goalkeeper is currently serving a two-year ban for doping after testing positive for a prohibited substance in October 2015, according to the Tunisian Football Association. The ban is due to end on September 2017.