Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Koka’s Braga and KAA Gent share spoils in Europa League opener
Expected to dominate on home soil, Braga started the encounter on a limping note as they suffered an early blow.
The visitors did not not hesitate to stamp authority as Bosnia midfieder Danijel Milicevic opened the scoring within the opening six minutes.
The outraged and dismayed home fans had to wait until six minutes before the half hour mark to have something to smile about.
Portuguese defender Andre Pinto was responsible for the smiles on Braga’s fans when he scored to restored purity.
The second half of the tie produced no goals. Jose Peseiro, former Al Ahly’s and now Sporting Braga manager watched as his side failed to utilize home advantage.
Egyptian international Ahmed Hasan Koka enjoyed a full shift for 90 minutes.
Shakhter Donetsk lead Group H after picking all the spoils against Konyaspor as Sporting Braga and KAA Gent share second and third positions respectively.