Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Koka’s Braga and KAA Gent share spoils in Europa League opener
Expected to dominate on home soil, Braga started the encounter on a limping note as they suffered an early blow.
The visitors did not not hesitate to stamp authority as Bosnia midfieder Danijel Milicevic opened the scoring within the opening six minutes.
The outraged and dismayed home fans had to wait until six minutes before the half hour mark to have something to smile about.
Portuguese defender Andre Pinto was responsible for the smiles on Braga’s fans when he scored to restored purity.
The second half of the tie produced no goals. Jose Peseiro, former Al Ahly’s and now Sporting Braga manager watched as his side failed to utilize home advantage.
Egyptian international Ahmed Hasan Koka enjoyed a full shift for 90 minutes.
Shakhter Donetsk lead Group H after picking all the spoils against Konyaspor as Sporting Braga and KAA Gent share second and third positions respectively.